AddThis

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

From March 7, 2014

My wife moved to North Carolina from Syracuse, New York in the 10th grade.  She moved into my high school in Farmville and what was obviously a different world for her.  She moved during the middle of the college basketball season and she still remembers that the first question that anyone from the school asked her was, "Duke or Carolina?" She's a pretty enthusiastic sports fan, but could have cared less about either team. She had grown up a Syracuse Orange fan.  She still laughs at how seriously we take the Tobacco Road rivalry here.  As children, many of us are taught to love one shade of blue and to hate another.  We get really wrapped up in it.  

I believe that teaching and basketball have a great deal in common.  On Monday we will have a very special faculty meeting and we are going to play basketball.  This concept is something that I have been working on for a while now and I thought that March was the perfect month to try it!  Feel free to bring comfortable clothes and shoes and meet me in the gym instead of the media center!

No comments:

Post a Comment