AddThis

Friday, March 27, 2015

Communication

When I first knew that I was coming to Greene Central I wanted to meet with Mr. Marr to talk with him about what I needed to know before making the transition. I came over one morning that summer and Tammy asked me what I was doing there. She's not a very good liar. She knew exactly why I was there. She knew because she's a great communicator. Since then, communication between Tammy, the assistant principals and myself has been a hallmark of our working relationship. We talk to one another a lot, often trading texts before 6:00 am. The only breakdown in communication comes when Tammy is trying to get me to read her lips in a crowded office. I'm horrible at reading lips and I have no clue what she is talking about!



Tammy Oakes has proven everyday that good communication can solve most problems. It's something that we can all learn from. Good phone calls home to parents when students do well and tough ones when they fail are essential. Communication between teachers helps you all feel better about what you do each day, and maybe makes you feel normal when things go wrong. I've recently seen great teacher sharing with the Honors Portfolios and it is something that I hope continues afterward.

On Tammy's last day with us, I want to say thank you to her on behalf of everyone for the multitude of problems that she has solved for all of us over the past 12 years. She has laughed with us on our best days and helped support us on our worst days. We will miss her greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment