AddThis

Friday, March 13, 2015

A Little Help From My Friends

This week I have been reminded of that Beatles song that Joe Cocker made famous at Woodstock. Never has a little help from my friends at Greene Central been more needed! Any principal that wants to appreciate the value of their assistant principals, needs to run a school without them for a few days. With Mrs. Blackman and Mr. Castillo at a conference in New Orleans, I found myself wearing many hats and I depended greatly on several of you to help support me along the way. I also truly appreciated all of the ways that they make my job easier without me knowing it. On Wednesday of this week I was going to use this metaphor to highlight how important it is that we support each other as much as we support students. Then Thursday afternoon happened.

This could be any of our teachers on Thursday afternoon
About ten minutes before the after school bus would load to take students home I heard a very distressing call from Ms. Hedgepeth on the radio. A fight had broken out between two students outside of the math hall and I went running. While we were able to break up the fight pretty quickly, I would not have been able to control the chaos that ensued from the students' families had it not been for the support of the many teachers that were there quickly to assist. They all jumped right in like they had done it a hundred times before. While I was upset at the situation, I could not have been more proud of my staff. (Gentlemen, those ladies on the math and English hall are no joke!) 

This week would have done me in had it not been for a little help from my friends. I can only hope that each of you feels the same way of the staff at Greene Central. Support from colleagues gets us all through tough spots and makes us shine brighter when we get to help each other. Thank you to everyone that helped me get through this week and every week and thank you for all of the help you give each other. It's nice to be reminded how amazing you are.

1 comment: