AddThis

Friday, February 24, 2017

Bragging

Last weekend I was asked to teach a course to aspiring school administrators on marketing your school to all stakeholders. The all-day lesson focused on school culture and how to get your vision out to the students, staff and community. I remembered how much I liked teaching and left at the end of the day feeling like they didn't even need to pay me. Throughout my lesson I got to tell several stories about our school and about several of the teachers and students. By the end of the day I felt like I was bragging. I had several of the students ask to come out and see our school. Essentially, I had just marketed our vision to them.

I thought about how we can use that concept at the classroom level. Each of you gets a chance to market yourselves as a part of our school and our community. Students leave your classroom telling a story about you. They tell how and what you do. They express to others the things you do that go above and beyond the requirements of a classroom teacher. You should be proud of that. Be sure to brag about yourself and about what you do. If we can't be proud of ourselves, we cannot expect our community to be proud of what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment